Ahh, don't you love it when you wake up, thinking you have to get ready for the loooong day ahead, and then you remember: wait, I'm on vacation! and then you just let your head sink back into the soft warmth of the pillow...
okay, so I am relaxed, but... I DO have a current concern.
Next year, I have to make one of my biggest life decisions: which academic track to follow?
At age fourteen.
At age fourteen?!!
I have to know what type of career I want to lead in my life.
Isn't it a liiiiiitle bit early to be thinking about a career? Shouldn't teens be living their lives when they can, and not have to think about stressful things like jobs, money...?
Cause I'm kind of stressed out.
What if I decide right now that I want to be, let's say, a cook, and then when I reach age twenty I realize I want to be a journalist?
I don't have to decide EXACTLY what I want to be yet, but I need to choose a path... Scientific? Literary? Help!
Is it like this in other places in the world, like the States for example? Or is it just in France?
I keep telling myself this: you have no need to panic. You have no need to panic. You have no need to panic. You have no need to panic.
You have no need to panic.
PANIC!
Should I be panicking? Am I crazy? Well, I have all day to think about this, as I am almost sure that I will not be leaving the house today, since IT IS 1°C OUTSIDE (winter just came all of a sudden, with a click of the fingers!)
And I'm okay with that. A lazy monday :)

Ahh, la joie de se réveiller en pensant que tu dois te préparer pour la loooongue journée, puis se souvenir: attends, je suis en vacances! et laisser sa tête retomber dans la douce chaleur de l'oreiller...
Alors, oui, je suis détendue, mais ... J'ai quand même une préoccupation.
L'année prochaine, je dois prendre une des plus grandes décisions de ma vie:
À l'âge de quatorze ans.
À quatorze ans?!
Je dois savoir quel type de carrière je veux suivre dans ma vie.
N'est-ce pas un touuuuut petit peu trop tôt pour penser à une carrière à mon âge? Les ados ne devraient-ils pas vivre leur vie quand ils le peuvent, sans avoir à penser à des choses stressantes comme leur emploi, l'argent ...?
Je suis stressée, là.
Qu'arrivera-t-il si je décide maintenant que je veux être, disons, chef, mais quand j'atteint l'âge de vingt ans, je réalise que je veux être journaliste?
Je n'ai pas à décider exactement ce que je veux être tout de suite, mais j'ai besoin de choisir un chemin ... Scientifique? Littéraire? Au secours!
Est-ce ainsi dans les autres coins du monde, comme les Etats Unis, par exemple? Ou est-ce ainsi qu'en France?
Je n'arrête pas de me dire ceci: pas besoin de paniquer. pas besoin de paniquer. pas besoin de paniquerpas besoin de paniquer.
pas besoin de paniquer.
PANIQUE!
Dois-je paniquer? Suis-je folle? Eh bien, j'ai toute la journée pour y penser, car je suis presque sûre que je ne quitterai pas la maison aujourd'hui, puisqu'il fait 1° C dehors (l'hiver est venu tout d'un coup, d'un simple claquement des doigts!)
Et cela ne me dérange pas. Un lundi paresseux  :)



Lyon pleine lune


Ps: The full moon came to visit last night, to add to the spooky halloween feeling!
La pleine lune nous a rendue visite, pour ajouter a l'effet d'halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Bonnes vacances à toi, merci pour ton petit mot chez moi, et bonne installation dans le quartier de Confluence, il y a quelques restaurants sympas sur le quai ! bizzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derien, merci à toi! Il me semble qu'il y a beaucoup de restos italiens, c'est marrant.
      bsx

      Delete
  2. That is a very difficult decision! The subjects I chose to study when I was 20 are not the choices I would make today. I would become a nurse, librarian or teacher if I could start over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very important post, actually. I know many young people who are worried abut the same thing. I agree with the previous commentator that the things I thought I wanted to be at age 14 are not necessarily the same things I wish today I had done. Good luck with your decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carmen,your blog is awesome!
    You should be a writer.. :)

    ReplyDelete