5 ingredient granola bars

Searching around on pinterest, I came upon this recipe for no-bake, healthy, five ingredient granola bars.
It caught my eye, it called my name. I had to make these.



What's not to love about an easy, delicious, healthy granola bar recipe?
And did I mention delicious?
All the good stuff is packed into these little bricks of heaven: dates, almonds, oats, peanut butter, and honey. And when I say good stuff, I mean good for your taste buds AND your health. These bars are filled with protein, healthy fats, fiber and much more! Only great things can come from eating these.


The prep time is supposed to be 10 minutes, but as it often happens to me when I try a new recipe, it took WAY longer than that. That's because I didn't have the good sense to read the recipe through before embarking on it! When the time came to add the oats to the almond-date mixture, I had to wait 15 minutes for them to toast before stirring them in (you don't HAVE to toast them, but it's recommended if you like the flavor. I think it was worth it.) Oh, well. Live and learn.
Also, I didn't have a good almond-chopping technique... that slowed down the process as well.
I used honey this time, but you can veganize this recipe by using maple or agave syrup (I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted to use honey or maple syrup... they both sounded so yummy! I'll try maple syrup when I make these again.)
My bars don't look as thin and rectangle as they do on Minimalist Baker (which is where the recipe is from) but hey, they're pretty dang awesome.

I have a feeling I'll be making these again and again, as they are the perfect snack to carry around if you need a boost of energy.



8 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. What's the recipe? Aunt Margi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      I already linked to it: If you click on the word "recipe" in bold right over the last picture, it will come up. But here it is again anyway! http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I read the post on my phone and the tiny print didn't show the hot

      Delete
  2. YUM. Am definitely going to try this recipe.
    Christane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious looking. I think I might try with maple syrup. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The granola bars look delicious. We are definitely going to make these. Thanks for sharing. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm these look sweet and chewy! just what I'm in the mood for today.

    ReplyDelete