Swan lake

Where I live, swans lurk around. You see, I live in the city but in a very ecological and green area, the windows of my apartment facing a marina of river water! When it is warm, boats are parked in it. When it is warm, people walk along the water having lighthearted conversations which put smiles on their faces. Kids zoom down the street in their roller blades or bikes while people sit in cafes, watching them while sipping their lemonade. And when there are people, there are swans. Often during the winter, when I woke up and looked out my window, I could spot two regular visitors glide down the marina. But now that Spring has come, they are around here everyday, night and morning. Sometimes people throw them crumbs, which is probably the main reason for their visits, but I think they also love the attention they are given. They must adore being admired and pointed at. They must know they are beautifully elegant creatures. How graceful they are when they lift their wings and dance about!
This morning I had a great surprise. Paddling behind those two familiar large white birds were four little cygnets. Oh how cute they are! Fluffy all around, little black beaks and teeny tiny black eyes to match their gray coats. Three are of a darker gray and the last one is more of a grayish-white. They are just adorable! I took hundreds of pictures.
This is honestly the sweetest thing I have ever seen. How loving towards their parents those little creatures are! They move as a truly unified family! I still can't take the smile off my face.





7 comments:

  1. I AM IN LOVE!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pieter Van UllmanMay 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

    I just love the photo of the Mom (or dad?) looking at the one baby, that is looking right back. They are so lovely.
    Pieter Van Ullman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story with awsome pics! Spring knocks at your window! what a pleasure of nature ! Thanks for sharing such a nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We love the baby swans too! Love your blog.

    Lots of love,

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful story. you write so well and take such excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! I'm looking forward to hearing about the next adventure with the swan family. Have you read the Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! They are so cute with their little fluffy feathers!

    ReplyDelete