MATH CLASS


I believe it's important to keep a sense of humour in life. Although I might not always remember to, when I'm in an uncomfortable or stressful situation I try to look at it through a stranger's eyes and see what could be funny about it.
An example where this applies is...  in math class.

I am definitely not a math person. I prefer english, history, and geography let's say, a thousand times more?
Despite the fact that I have an awesome-math-genius neighbor in my math class who helps me out whenever I don't understand something, I often am on the verge of a mental breakdown because I find math so. complicated. And most of the time I don't get just WHAT is the point of learning all these complex theorems and properties.
Anyway, I try to see the humour in those moments... I think the image above pretty much sums up what I look like in math class.

5 comments:

  1. hehe this post brought a smile to my face! I completely agree with what you are saying here that a sense of humor is much needed in life.. especially through stressful times!
    Don't worry about math as long as you try your hardest. I feel the same way when it comes to ... every class. I'm not particularly good at anything, but I tend to work very hard in most things. (I just prefer studying for certain subjects over other subject more!)
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree!
    It's like, currently we're learning about how to find the X in a graph to make some kind of pointless calculations. I'm never going to need this - can't we just learn about how to pay bills or something of relevance? Like seriously, I don't understand why we waste our time with something so trivial.
    Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get me.
      Call me if ever you end up using that graph calculation method in another situation than math class. x)

      Delete
  3. Haha I'm actually pretty okay with math, and I have an A in my algebra class at the moment. However, it's definitely NOT my favorite subject, because unless you choose to become a math teacher, the most math you'll ever need is how to do basic algebra and arithmetic. I feel like the same applies to all other subjects as well except for English, because besides for the basic facts, you never need to know what makes up ATP. I feel like we should learn more about how to deal with toxic relationships, balance checkbooks, use common household items and perform household tasks, and identify conmen. I really just want classes like that because I feel like those are the skills you need in life. Fantastic post! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea about classes on how to deal with toxic relationships and identifying conmen!
      Haha. :)

      Delete