The height of your success.

quote of R.Kelly; photography by me


We all know easy it is to lose ourselves to the TV when we could be working hard at reaching our goals.


I've been thinking a lot about this lately, with all the schoolwork and pressure I've been experiencing from everything and everyone around me. This last week I had several moments of pure laziness and carelessness where, when coming home from school, I decided to put my homework aside and watch TV while eating snacks and thinking "WHY do I have to do what OTHER people want me to do?

The thing is, nothing worth having comes easy, and if you really want something, you've got to work for it.
I want to succeed in my future. I learned that laziness feels good temporarily, but in the long run, hard work is what really makes you feel good.

Us humans tend to put what we love to the side, in acts of procrastination and fear that we might not succeed.
But the only way to succeed is to never, ever give up. This is something I've had to remind myself of many times. 

Us humans like to rest, relax, and enjoy ourselves, which is totally understandable, but I feel that sometimes we forget what we'd like to be living for. 
Sure, hard work can be HARD... it will often be a true STRUGGLE to get where you want.
But please, please keep struggling.
Because in the end, it's the depth of your struggle that determines the height of your success.




9 comments:

  1. This is a perfect post and it is so true!! School work and homework is crazy. Often times, I feel like my life revolves around school... I wish I had more time to do what I love. However in the end, hopefully I will be successful and it would be all worth it haha!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting one really. It's hard to keep going when you're not even sure if you know what you want. But thank you, a push is always needed

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! I feel like it's so hard to remember that all of the struggle you go through is for a specific reason, so I'm so happy that you wrote this post! It's totally true and I completely agree; we usually love to relax, and I love to just forget about homework, but a lot of the time you have to push through what's going on and keep sight of what's important. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, amazing, awesome, post! I love it and I know what you mean, I have felt the same way, but you'er right to succeed we need to struggle, but with Gods help we will succeed. :)
    Grace xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. If there is no struggle there is no success. Even if success comes it feels empty. All the best!!!

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|pinterest|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This so relates to me!! I procrastinate way too much -_- Thank you for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very true. Did some homework today since I was so inspired :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yess...wonderful post. This is exactly what has happened to me recently. You are a great writer, Carmen!
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete